- Instructions for submitting a Proposal -
General Guidelines for Proposals
The following rules apply to all types of proposals. In addition to the proceeding guidelines, all proposals should be concerned with mathematics education and conform to the major aims of PME as stated in the Constitution.
- Completed research as well as ongoing studies may be submitted, provided that the theoretical framework, preliminary results and related literature appear in the proposal. The authors should state what is new in their research, how it builds on past research, and/or develops into new directions.
- Papers should be concise, but should also contain the necessary information to inform both the reviewers and other researchers.
- Proposals too similar to papers previously presented will not be accepted.
- You must use a template for the final version of the submitted paper. The template can be downloaded from the website of PME36 at http://www.tame.tw/pme36 through the link to Conference Template, where you find the template and the instructions to fill it.
- No author's name should appear in the program more than four times, including Research Reports (RR), Short Oral (SO), Poster Presentation (PP), Research Forum (RF), Working Session (WS), Discussion Group (DG). Additionally, each author is limited to one Research Report Presentation.
- Each applicant can be the presenting author on only one Research Report, or Short Oral Presentation. Each RR or SO applicant may also present a poster, as well as a Research Forum or Working Session/Discussion Group, if they wish.
- Only the author(s) of the paper can present on that paper. The names and addresses of first presenting authors and first coordinators (i.e., those designated as the author/coordinator) will be included in an appendix of the proceedings.
- In order to have a proposal for RR considered by the International Program Committee and sent to reviewers, the presenting author(s) MUST be pre-registered as participants, paying the non-refundable Conference Deposit by January 15th, 2012.
- In order to have a proposal for SO, PP, WS or DG, the presenting author(s) must be pre-registered as participants, paying the non-refundable Conference Deposit by March 1st, 2012.
Submitting the Proposal
The submissions should include all required information relating to the research categories. Please download the template for all proposals, or through the link to Conference Template, where you find the template and the instructions to fill it. All files for PME 36 should be submitted in DOC format via the online system by the dates stated for each type of presentation. A blinded version of the paper, if required, should be submitted in PDF format. Instructions for submitting the blind version will be given if such a version is required.
Format of Papers
Maximum number of pages: Different for different proposals, however, the specified limit includes references, figures, and appendices.
Titles: The title should be capitalized and centered. The author(s) name(s), and affiliation(s) of the author(s), in this order. The name of the presenting author(s) is underlined.
References: In the accepted APA standard style (American Psychological Association).
Files and Files' names: Files should be saved in DOC format, and filenames should indicate the type of proposal as well as the name of first author, as detailed below.
- Use RR, SO, PP, DG, RF, WS for Research Report (RR), Short Oral Communication (SO), Poster Presentation (PP), Discussion Group (DG), Research Forum (RF), and Working Session (WS) respectively.
- For example, a proposal for a Short Oral, by FirstName LastName (e.g.; John Smith) for publication in the Proceedings, should be saved as SO_LastName.doc (i.e.; SO_Smith.doc).
- In the paper, all co-authors with their affiliations have to be included.
Paper Format: A4 paper format with a frame of 170 by 247 mm. The font should be 14 point, Times New Roman is recommended, with a 16-point line space and 6 points between paragraphs.
- DO NOT number the pages!
- Please use exact dimensions, and fill the entire frame!
- The Conference Template you may download from PME36 website through the link to Conference Template, where you find the template and the instructions to fill it. The template provides the exact format and description. Remember that the original text will be reduced to 70% and appear in the proceedings; changes in style will incur difficulties in the printing of the proceedings.
- Please be sure that files do not exceed 2 MB.